The Roth IRA Challenge is the way Northern Expenditure features awesome people and awesome blogs.
Please note: We only accept guest posts that are based on this prompt and we only feature links to your blog.
The Challenge is: Track $5500 (the amount needed to max out one Roth IRA in a year). How did you earn this money? Did you save this amount of money somehow? What did you learn along the way? What did you do with the money? (The right answer is not necessarily: “maxed out a Roth IRA.” – We merely call it the Roth IRA Challenge because of the amount of money it discusses.)
Remember, this is a writing prompt. We’ve had all sorts of variations on the theme. If you want to participate, email me! maggie [at] northernexpenditure [dot] com.
Roth IRA Challenge Participants:
- Claudia from Two Cup House – How we could have fully funded an account
- Harmony from Creating My Kaleidoscope – Saving and Earning money to get out of debt
- Penny from She Picks Up Pennies – Monetize talents and passions
- Kara over at From Frugal to Free – When side hustling isn’t worth it
- Mr. Groovy from Freedom is Groovy – After you’ve crushed it!
- Taylor at The Freedom from Money – On tackling debt head-on
- Amanda from Dream Beyond Debt – On debt-crushing then saving
- Des over at Half Banked – Funding a Roth IRA without a side hustle
- Mr. DTG from Ditching the Daily Grind – Reserve Military Service
- Amber Tree Leaves – On real estate investments
- Nick at The Money Mine – About Couples Money
- Marc at The Self Employed Movement – The Reverse Roth IRA Challenge
- Andrew from Quest for Billions – On Getting Started
- Mustard Seed Money – Paying Off the Mortgage
- Tawcan – The TFSA Challenge