Our friends over at Two Cup House nominated us for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thanks guys! If you haven’t checked them out yet, you should. They just got their small house delivered! Exciting times in the Two Cup life!
So, here are my answers to the questions they posed:
1. What is your favorite book or literary genre? My favorite book is The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery. It’s a story about not taking people at face value and is a wonderful exploration of philosophy. It is enjoyable, witty, and deep. I can’t recommend it enough.
2. What blog or podcast have you enjoyed recently? I have a lot of blogs I love and read diligently, but the word “recently” sticks out here. Though his site has long been a favorite, I feel like Sam is on a great run over at Frugaling. His book will be released on August 24 and is available now for pre-order!
3. If you could have dinner with one living person, who would it be? The lame answer would be my family. Actually, if we’re focusing on dinner, it would be my husband because my kids sometimes get weird during dinner. 🙂 But I’m assuming the question is indicating someone I don’t currently know. In that case, I would say Tina Fey. This took me a long time to conclude here because there are several people I would like to have the brain-picking opportunity of meeting for dinner, but at the end of the day I think dinner with Tina Fey would be very fun and memorable. I feel like I could enjoy eating a lot of food and have some riotous conversation. I can read the books of all the boring people to get their great ideas. 🙂
4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live? I have ALWAYS wanted to live in the United Kingdom. I went there when I was twelve and I vividly remember saying “I will live here one day.” Since then, I went again in high school, I did a semester study-abroad in London, and I just bought tickets for Mr. T and I to go next summer for our 10th anniversary! (I’m BEYOND excited!) I haven’t figured out the logistics of moving there full-time yet, but it’s still on my radar for the future. I at least plan to spend a summer with the whole family slow-traveling the UK.
5. If you had only one thing to say to the world, what would it be? “Hello World! I’m Maggie. It’s nice to meet all of you. First of all, thanks for listening. My message is fairly simple. I think we should all get a long. I know, that can be hard sometimes. Some people are mean. Some people look different or act different or speak differently than you do, and sometimes that can be scary for you. But we’re all on this planet together. I don’t have a lot of cool talents, but if I throw my talents into the pot and you all do the same, think about how great we could make this world. So, let’s stop being so selfish. If we spend our whole lives just thinking about how we can get ahead, we’ll miss out on so much! Smile more. Share more. Help more. Life isn’t fair, but we can make it kind.”
For nominations, I would like to nominate a few bloggers that I think provide sunshine in the blogging world:
Frugaling – I mentioned Sam’s blog earlier. Again, he’s on a roll with really poignant content (though he consistently has awesome stuff). Plus, I think Sam is a cool guy. I feel like Mr. T and I would have him over for dinner and game night if he lived in Alaska.
And Then We Saved – This was one of the first personal finance blogs I followed. I was obsessed with Anna’s progress getting out of debt and then loved it when she changed her momentum towards saving. She’s still there creating consistently awesome content.
The Money Mine – The Money Mine is run by newlywed Nick that lives in Texas and works for the Oil and Gas industry alongside his wife. They’re on their journey toward financial independence and write some great stuff.
Gen Y Finance Guy – The Gen Y Finance Guy is working toward a goal of paying off his mortgage by 35 and earning $10 million by age 48. He’s overcome a pretty negative financial upbringing and delivers useful, interesting writing over at his corner of the blogosphere.
From Millennial to Millionaire – This lady is a lovely, young graduate with credentials and advice on moving toward millionaire status.
My questions to them:
- What’s your best productivity hack? Or do you struggle with productivity?
- What’s your go-to meal for dinner on a busy day (either something you pick up or a meal you can make quickly)?
- Name one thing in the world you would like to see but haven’t yet.
- What’s the most interesting thing that has happened to you in the past year?
- If you’ve been to Alaska, what was your experience like? If you haven’t, what do you think Alaska is like? (I know, I used this question for the Liebster Award, but I got some great answers, so I thought I’d bring it back.)
I’m excited to read your answers!